Spacecom is a 100% brazilian company that develops a number of devices directed to offender tracking. Aside from the OTDs, the company also supplies auxiliary devices that allow monitoring of victims of domestic violence, monitoring in regions without GNSS coverage, mobile chargers, among others.
All devices designed by Spacecom feature traits and functionalities that reflect the years of experience the company has on operating with the Brazilian penitentiary system.
How does it work
The Spacecom OTDs are devices meant to be used by convicted offenders, of easy manipulation, featuring high security on the transmission and storage of information, robust and small in size, complying with national and international norms and costs that are compatible with the Brazilian demands.
Whilst being monitored, the participant must have the device placed on one of the ankles. The location (GNSS) and alarms information are transmitted to Spacecom servers via mobile network and made available on a web interface. That way, the contractor has full access to the monitoring data from any device connected to the internet in real time.
The OTDs feature a range of security mechanisms to ensure the integrity of the system. Aside from the information of coordinates and alarms, the system also checks for many irregularities, such as:
* Disruption of the fixation belt of the OTDs
* Outer shell breach
* Motion without GNSS signal
Over 30 distinct device-related facts are collected by the OTD’s sensors at all times.
The OTDs rely on two simcards. This means that the coverage area is, at least, as big as the coverage of the two mobile carriers of the simcards.
Aside from its widespread coverage area, the communication redundancy leverages the ability of the system to remain operative should any of the carriers run into service disruption.
* Material: High Impact Injected ABS plastic
* Fixation belt with optical fiber cable, adjustable size and hypoallergenic
* Water proof (IP68)
* Operative temperature ranging from -10°C to 55°C (14 to 131 F)
* Customizable coordinate acquisition time
* 1 to 5 meters accuracy
* Assisted GPS (A-GPS)
* Rely on 2 mobile carriers for data transmission (redundancy)
* Encrypted communication with proprietary protocol
* Customizable data transmission time
* 50,000 coordinates storage of continuous data
* Lithium Ion
* Estimated minimum durability of 1,000 battery charges
* Visual (multicolor LED)
* Beeping (Buzzer)
A Spacecom se reserva ao direto de atualizar as informações acima para refletir a evolução de seus produtos.